Made With You in Mind
Does your child talk for hours about their current hobby but fall silent when faced with the blank page?
We connect their interests to academic skills in a class that is geared toward their writing level and needs.
Brave Writer® prioritizes:
- Appropriate and helpful pace. Manageable weekly deadlines and short bursts of writing to keep motivation high.
- Honoring the writer’s voice. We don’t squash enthusiasm. Writers this age need confidence!
- Digging deeper. We encourage exploration, detailed explanations, and keen observation.
- Honing key skills. Academic tools for planning, research, note-taking, revising, and editing,
- Invested readers: We’re ready to champion your child’s interests and be educated about Minecraft or woodworking or ballet. We’re all ears!
What about formats?
Do we want middlers to start navigating formats? Yes! Are they ready for essays? No.
That’s why we start with smaller, more accessible formats first. We want them to understand that a format in writing acts as a simple container for the original thoughts that the writer brings to the topic.
In Middle School Writing: Passion Projects, they’ll get to try formats on for size!
We offer students five format options for their project:
- Online Tutorial
- Social Media Feed
- Pop Quiz
The ones they don’t choose? Print out the guidelines from the classroom and do the rest at your leisure! Next month’s writing curriculum—check!
Audio Tracks Available!
You've been asking for a way to support your struggling readers, and we heard you loud and clear! You have the option to add on audio tracks of all class readings for $49. Your child can now listen as they read, strengthening those developing reading skills and deepening understanding!