Made With You in Mind
This class provides a comprehensive introduction to the acclaimed Brave Writer® method, tailored to fit your family's unique needs. For one low price, embark on a learning experience and bonding opportunity for your whole family! Our course includes:
- Literary exploration and age-appropriate writing activities using our gentle and flexible framework
- Connection to principles introduced in Growing Brave Writers and the Jot It Down! curriculum, proven to lead your young scholars to writing success
- Coaching in our writing practices, including "jotting it down" and the art of freewriting
- Personalized guidance from a seasoned writing coach dedicated to nurturing your child's writing growth for an entire month
Experience unbeatable value that's perfect for multiple ages and stages, especially catering to the needs of elementary school students. Join us today and witness the transformation in your family's literary journey. Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to elevate your children's writing skills while strengthening family bonds.
What's a Family Class?
Story Switcheroo is what we call a "Family Class." Your children are enrolled in the class and will be the ones doing the activities. The adult at home interacts with the instructor directly in the classroom, posting student writing and asking questions on how best to facilitate writing. We'll guide you on how to partner with your particular writers and grow your skills as a writing coach!
Grab Your Favorite Tales!
Families in this class will need to be stocked with an assortment of fairy tales to read. You can use books you have on hand or pick up an anthology at your local library or bookstore. Feel free to follow what delights you and your kids since we will become good friends with these themes and characters over the month!
Here are some suggestions if you are looking for a place to start:
- The Blue Fairy Book — Andrew Lang
- The Golden Book of Fairy Tales — Adrienne Segur
- The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales — Pantheon Press
- Fairy Tales (Penguin Classics) — Hans Christian Andersen
- The Complete Fairy Tales (Oxford World's Classics) — Charles Perrault
- The Usborne Book of Fairy Tales — Heather Amery and Stephen Cartwright
- Online collection of Grimm's stories
Please keep in mind that fairy tales can vary from slightly dark to positively jolly, so it’s up to you to select the most appropriate volumes for your kids.