The Brave Writer Program
When parents say they have a child who is terrible at writing, it’s hard to know what they mean.
- Does the child freeze when faced with a blank page?
- Is the child unskilled at spelling or punctuation?
- Or is the parent worried that the child isn’t writing a 5-paragraph essay yet?
The word “writing” could mean any of these skills, which grow at different rates. In Brave Writer, we divide writing into three categories and design products and classes accordingly.
- Original Thought (grown through the writing process)
- Mechanics (taught through literature)
- Writing Projects (assignments that combine mechanics and original thought)
Think of writing as three interlocking puzzle pieces to create writing proficiency. Our products are tagged with the piece of the puzzle it addresses.