Class Registration Q&A
When does registration open?
Summer 2020 Registration is open. Fall 2020 Registration opens July 27, 2020 at 12pm Eastern.
Do classes fill up quickly?
Class registration stays open until classes are full (we note when classes are full on the registration form), but some of our most popular classes fill within hours so be sure not to miss out!
Our most popular classes for the summer session are:
Due to high registration volume, be sure to note that your registration is not complete until we receive payment, and your spot is not secure without payment.
How does registration and enrollment work?
- Go to the Course Registration page.
- Select a class and the number of students registering for that class. Click “Add another class” to register for a second class or “Continue to next step” to proceed.
- Enter your most frequently used email address. Use the same email address for all subsequent registrations.
- Do not enter a child's name and email address to register for a class. You will add your children’s details to their classes via special email link after registration is complete.
- Tuition is due at the time of registration. Pay using a credit card.
- Charter School Payments: If paying with charter school funds, select “charter school” and include the name of the charter school in “comments.”
- Print your registration page for your records (and/or for your charter school, if needed).
Tuition payments from charter schools is due two weeks before the class start date.
Two receipts will be emailed to you: one confirming your class registrations, and one confirming payment.
You are completely enrolled in a Brave Writer Class once you have completed the registration form AND have paid tuition in full or submitted a purchase order from your charter school.
Adding your children to their classes:
A confirmation email will prompt you to log into the classroom and create student profiles for each child enrolled in a class.
Can I register for classes that run at the same time?
Each class we offer runs for just a few weeks. We do this in order to allow families the flexibility to take a "deep dive" into a class for a short time so that they can fit our classes in around family trips, sporting competitions, and the like.
Because each class is short, we cover a lot of ground in a short period of time. It's helpful to students to have space to delve into the readings and focus on their writing assignments without having to worry about other writing classes at the same time. For that reason, we strongly encourage families to take only one class at a time with us.
Contact us at email@example.com if you need to make adjustments to your enrollment.
What payment options do you provide?
Tuition may be paid using a credit card at check out.
If you are a charter school, please scan and email a purchase order to Cindy Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How do you handle absences?
Do not miss more than 3-4 consecutive days of any class. If you go out of town, you will need to evaluate whether or not you'll have consistent Internet access AND the time/motivation to do the work. Take into consideration the motivation of the student (not just your motivation). We will not move you to a new session or refund tuition if travel made participation too difficult.
Can my child take a class if they don't meet the age requirements?
We do observe the specified age range for classes without special permission from the staff. Contact Kirsten if you need special permission.
What's your cancellation policy?
The refund schedule for individuals and charter schools is as follows:
- Between enrollment and two weeks before class begins: 100% minus service charge of $25 per class per student.
- Two weeks before class begins: 50% of tuition minus the $25 service charge per class per student.
- After class begins: No refunds or transfers for any reason.
Please contact us with any questions.
How do your online classes work?
Read about how we run our online classes and test drive our classroom.