Start by choosing the age of your child. If you have multiple children and are looking for a single program for the whole family, choose the Families option:
We've been teaching writing online since before it was cool—23 years!
Here’s why a class will work for you:
- Over 30,000 students have studied with us from 191 countries!
- Instructors: published authors & alternative educators
- Classes for you and your kids, 5 to 18 years old
- Classes are 3-6 weeks long. Choose what works for you!
- Log in on your own schedule
- A huge variety for your kids: Essay Writing, Movie Discussion Club, Nature Journaling, Songwriting, History Writing Lab, and Science Writing Projects to name a few
- One of a kind parent classes teach you how to coach your young writers
- Our classes support multiple educational methods including Charlotte Mason, Classical, Montessori, Waldorf, and Unschooling
- No secret add-on costs. No special software, books, or video.
- Grades and transcripts issued for high school classes
Classes enroll and run on a rolling basis. We have new classes starting every Monday. Read more about how our online class program works.
Join our community!
Webinars: Monthly live coaching sessions with Julie Bogart, founder and author of The Brave Learner.
Master Classes: 80+ teachings to help you become an effective educator, compassionate parent, and awesome adult.
Community Discussion Board: Conversations with thousands of parents from around the world and our expert coaches.
Unit Studies Library: Lesson plans for ages 0-18, across topics, that often coordinate with Brave Writer materials.
First-class Writing Help: Monthly training webinars by Brave Writer staff, 30+ recordings of past training, and expert answers to all your questions.
Local friends: Find companions on this journey to better parenting and educating!