Frequently Asked Questions
We've composed a FAQ with answers to the most common questions we receive in email and on the phone. If your answer is not listed below, follow our directions for how to title your email (found at the bottom of this message).
For those with an urgent need:
CLASS REGISTRATION and/or ONLINE CLASS LOGIN PROBLEMS: CONTACT US right away via email and put URGENT in the subject line.
1. 2018-2019 Arrow and Boomerang Subscribers
Your subscription encompasses all ten issues published between August 2018 and May 2019. We will add you to the private folder on our website and you will receive an email notification with a link. You will create a password for your account. You will login and download to your computer:
- The current issue
- Permission to print
- Rights reserved
Each month on the first, the new issue will be posted in the same folder. SET A CALENDAR REMINDER so you don't forget to log in and pick up your new issue.
TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS:
- Log in using the current email address. Go to your profile. Change the email address once you are logged in.
For a list of the book titles, go here:
2. Online Class Registration and Class Selection Information
- Monday, June 3, 2019 (12:00 PM Eastern)
Read descriptions of our classes. Scroll to see them.
Learn how classes work.
Read our Registration Policies (and cancellation policy) before registering.
Kidswrite Basic is now called The Writer's Jungle Online. If you are NEW to Brave Writer and your child is under 14, this is the right first class to take.
Kidswrite Intermediate is now three classes (can be taken in any order, take the ones that suit your child's needs):
Paying with Charter School Funds:
- YOU register for the class(es) you want using our registration form. Do not have your school register for you.
- Select "charter school" at the point of sale (purchase) and enter the name of your charter school.
- No payment required at time of registration.
- Save your email confirmation.
- Submit it to your charter school to request payment to Brave Writer.
- Charter school submits a purchase order to Brave Writer before class starts to this email address: (email@example.com)
- Brave Writer invoices your charter school.
3. Curriculum Purchases
All digital products are delivered via email. The email address you used to pay for the product is where the SEPARATE email has been sent. Click on the download link and save the product to your computer in a place you can find it again.
Charter School funds may be used to purchase curriculum. Send a Purchase Order request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Writer's Jungle
The Writer's Jungle comes in two formats:
- binder (to be shipped)
- digital PDF file (to be downloaded to your computer).
The digital version of The Writer's Jungle comes under separate cover in an email within 24 hours.
5. The Homeschool Alliance
New subscriptions are activated with username and password within 24 hours of your purchase. If you have not heard from us in that time, contact: email@example.com
To cancel a subscription, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Speaking Requests for Julie Bogart
- Julie is taking requests for 2019-2020. Contact her at email@example.com
FOR ALL OTHER REQUESTS:
- URGENT for any login related issue
- CLASS SELECTION for help in picking a class
- PRODUCT PROBLEM for issues with downloading a product or any other product related concern
Or title it for some other need. We are happy to help you if the above answers didn't satisfy your need.
The Brave Writer Team
Standard FAQ #
If I have limited funds, which is a better choice to make: The Writer's Jungle Online (the online class) or The Writer's Jungle (binder or digital version)?
The Writer's Jungle Online is better at giving the support and accountability that help many moms get over the hurdle of teaching writing. If you find that you want to make time to teach writing, but never get around to it, a class will ensure that you keep that commitment to yourself and your kids. It's the "hand-holding" approach to becoming your child's best writing coach. I always recommend a class, as a first choice, if you have to pick one.
The Writer's Jungle, however, offers the possibility of going at your own pace. It gives you a wealth of material not found in an online class, and it is a constant resource you can turn to again and again since you will own it. If you feel you need to soak in the Brave Writer philosophy, like the idea of testing the waters for yourself, enjoy going at your own unhurried pace, or want to reinforce what you've already learned in a class, the The Writer's Jungle is the ticket!
Where do I start? There's so much information to absorb!
A corner stone to the Brave Writer philosophy is to do "one thing" at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to figure out how many good things you can do. Instead, pick the "one thing" that is most tempting, most captivating, most interesting to you. Then sign up, order, read, apply whatever that "one thing" is until you are certain you have milked it for all its worth. Then once you have successfully used a month's worth of Arrow material (language arts) or have successfully executed a Poetry Teatime (Brave Writer Lifestyle) or have worked through the SAT/ACT Essay class, you'll be ready to add "one more thing" to your life. Remember: depth over breadth, enjoyment over struggle, commitment over clutter.